Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Me Made May Update Three

Despite my fears at the bumpy start I had, I'm glad I'm updating each week this year, because I'm certainly wearing a lot more me-made this year than last! Photos remain the hardest thing ever.

Started the week with this green dress that I made last year. I thought I'd be cold, but after all the rain, Brisbane came through with some quality humidity and we had a hot day. 


Monday was much the same - nearly 30 degrees in the 90% humid air. I took the opportunity to wear this skirt that I made last year, which is comfy and easy to teach in most of the time. I discovered, however, that it is not the right outfit for sitting on a stool to demonstrate bucket drumming with a bunch of grade 6's. Good think it was only one class that day. Lesson learned. 

Tuesday  I wore this dress, which I didn't make, but did add pockets too and took in at the shoulders so it would fit. Again, I'm counting it me-made because of that. Sorry you can't see the actual dress. I only remembered to take the photo after a long long long day of work and I was tired. 

Another photo of me tired after a long day of work. 

At least you've seen this full dress before, in this post! Thursdays at my work school the teachers try to dress in animal print, so while the majority of teachers are rolling around in leopard print whatever, I'm cruzin in my glorious peacock dress. Winning! 

That's all the me-made I had time for last week. Friday & Saturday I was running around in jeans doing last minuet baking for the Election Day stall and then squelching in the mud selling the baked goods at said Election Day stall. Turns out I don't sew things that you can wear and be warm in when it rains and you need to be in the mud all day. 

No comments: