Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Made Another Dress

I had been wanting to make another dress for a while, and there was really no excuse, because I had the material, but life gets in the way. Finally, probably in an effort to procrastinate doing any paperwork for actual work, I got out the material one night and cut the dress.

This material came from one of my parents travels, like the three previous dresses (one unblogged, the other two here and here). It's a Batik. I still don't know what that means. Same pattern as my original sushi dress, but I just pleated the skirt, rather than have to measure and cut an A-line. I wasn't sure I loved the two big box pleats that I ended up with, but they are growing on me.


I literally cut and sewed this dress in less than a week, and finished it the night before we left for a Bundaberg weekend in May (so I could wear it there). The neck and arm holes are bound with some self made bias tape. I used some fabric mum had given me that was left over from one of her own projects.


It's taken me a while to post, because though Steve too photos of me in it in Bundaberg that first time I wore it, I was pretty unhappy with the photos. The wind was manic that day, so my hair was crazier than usual, and I'd not bothered to put on any make up (which is standard for me), but I looked so washed out. Blah.

I did wear it again at our Extension Warming Party and made the effort of putting make up on, but promptly forgot to take close up photos in it. Gah! So you still get to see the washed out, crazy hair photo of me in this new dress, because six weeks on, I still don't have a good photo.

No comments: