Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Reality Dreams

It's a reality! This is the dress I dreamed about for a long time. That I made muslin practice dresses for, and that now finally I get to wear. 


The material is this gorgeous orange (not yucky in-your-face orange) sushi themed print that I got from another Japanese teacher who wasn't going to use it. I still have three meters of it and Sophie keeps asking for a dress, so maybe it will be used again soon. Not sure how I feel about matching dresses though. It's just not really my thing. Anyway, if you wanted to buy this fabric, you could find it here. It's fabulous. 


I wore the dress on Sunday to church and then we went to the park afterwards for lunch and a play. Steve took these photos there, as we enjoyed the wonderful autumn weather. I'm so bummed I didn't think to take my sunnies off, but such is life. 


The girls were also in home made dresses (coincidence!) which made me feel extra special. Maybe I am the Proverbs 31 woman after all!? You can read about the girls dresses here


And here are the dresses hanging on the washing line. From the initial dress that started it all, to the wearable muslin, and finally the sushi dress. I feel like seeing them all on the line confirms that I am actually wearing dresses more, which was just one of the goals here. Success! 

No comments: