Wednesday, July 03, 2019

The Real Tea Bag

A long time ago now, I made the confession that Steve and I have become official tea snobs, and pretty much can't travel anywhere without a well stocked supply of loose leaf teas. The trouble with traveling with said teas, is that you need something to carry them in. You can read all about my first attempt at a solution to that problem here.

That was 18 months ago now. We have still been using that initial solution, which was always meant to be a prototype. I did, in fact, start cutting a real deal version fairly soon after with left over fabric from this project, but I didn't have any rip stop nylon to line it with, and neither did my numerous attempts at finding it in Spotlight leave me successful.

The material, half cut, languished for a year and a half. I am ashamed to admit it.

But behold! I give you, The Real Tea Bag!


I finally found some rip stop nylon at Spotlight (on an incredibly rare, kid-free visit), and a mere three weeks after purchasing it, I was suddenly struck with the desire to sew, and this was at the top of the list!


I probably could have procrastinated sewing it another month or two, by telling myself it would take too long, but we have a trip to Bundaberg this weekend, so it was a little bit now or never. Also, I didn't want to do any paperwork. I cut it out in a half hour and after one and a half hours of sewing, bam!


Is it not glorious?! It fits all the tea with style. Such shiny fabric. I could have made the handles a touch longer, but it's pretty perfect and I love it.

No comments: