Sunday, January 22, 2023

Mini Moo-Moo

 Ahh, Moo-Moo. Was there ever a cow who was more loved than this? Since I've made Moo-Moo, she's had a very full and loved life, including a couple of surgeries to help her through. Not sure when it was, but Rachel noticed the bit of fabric that I had had leftover from making Moo-Moo in my stash and asked if I could make a second cow. 

Initially I told her no. Then when she asked again, I told her no. Then when she asked a third time, I told her I'd sell her the fabric and she could make her cow. Rachel bought the fabric. I realised I'd need to do a bit of hand holding, especially since the amount of fabric was quite small, found the pieces of cow pattern and scaled them down so they would fit. 

We spent an afternoon figuring out where to put and pin everything, then put it away for a couple of weeks before she cut it out. Watching Rachel cut the pieces I began to doubt my initial plan of having her sew the cow herself. The fur fabric was just a little too tricky to deal with for a beginner sewer. 

So I bit the bullet and sat down to make the cow. Rachel informed me that this cow, already named "Mini Moo-Moo" was a boy cow, and was not to be a baby for Moo-Moo, but in fact her friend. She even had a story of how they met and became friends written down before Mini Moo-Moo was made. 

Not being a girl cow, I was sadly deprived of udder making, but otherwise this cow came together about as smoothly as the last one. Mini Moo-Moo is made with the same cow print fur and some brown and white felt. He is about the same size as the Pikachu I originally made with this pattern, maybe a little bit bigger, and is the perfect friend for Moo-Moo and Rachel. 

And, since I was suddenly making a new soft toy for Rachel, I figured I'd better make one for Sophie too, so come back soon to hear all about that. 

No comments: