Monday, January 23, 2023

Chit-Chat the Squirrel

After my spontaneous decision to graciously make Rachel another cow to be friends with Moo-Moo, it only made logical sense to also make a similar toy for Sophie. Lest I be accused of favouritism. Knowing the girls' love for fluffy things, I had a look through the scraps and figured I had just enough of the faux fur left from making Sophie's Squirrel Girl outfit to make a small squirrel for her. 

There is no squirrel included in the Menagerie Pattern, but the only real feature I figured I needed to capture was that tail. I ended up just tracing out the shape that I had used for Sophie's costume but on a much smaller scale. I was on the fence about sewing it to the back of the squirrel so it would be permanently up or letting it fall free, but Sophie said she'd prefer the flexibility. 

The squirrel has been named Chit Chat, after a squirrel character from the Wild Robot books. I should say that I made both Chit Chat and Mini Moo-Moo last year, I think in late November/early December, but life got away from me and I'm only just getting around to posting about them now. Busy busy. Sophie just turned ten this January though, so I wonder if Chit Chat will be the last soft toy I make for her. We shall see. 

Here is Chit Chat, Mini Moo-Moo and Star Tiger together.  


Oh, how far I've come, and how many lovely friendly soft toys I've made these girls. Makes me hope that my newest little nephew Archie will also need some cuddly friends in his life too. 

No comments: