Thursday, January 12, 2023

Library Crawl

Yesterday the girls were grumpy, so today, I took them on a Library Crawl. It's like a pub crawl, but you visit lots of libraries and spend time reading books and borrowing in each library.

It really made a difference to how we were all feeling about life. So much reading and book exploring. 

Sophie was on a hunt for Wings of Fire books each time, and often would spend time reorganising the section on the shelf so the books were all in order. Is that some signs of OCD that she's showing maybe? 


I also caught her talking to the books. Librarian in the making perhaps? 


We came home with 27 books between us, and I read and returned one on our journey as well. Not a bad day at all. 

I have a slew of draft posts waiting for me to write/finish and while I've crossed off nearly all of the things I had on my to-do list at the start of the holidays, I found while chatting to Steve tonight that there are a bunch of new things to do, probably before school goes back in a week and a bit. Blergh. Hopefully I'll be able to kick my butt into gear soon, but in the meantime, I'm going to go read some books.

No comments: