Monday, October 24, 2022

Belated Baby Quilt Squares

The only thing belated about this is my blogging of it. I'm excited to do so now, because the baby in question has arrived safely, and that is always joyful news. 

For both of my girls and for Hugo, my mum put together a quilt where special people who had been in our lives for long and short times contributed a square. I didn't blog about Sophie's, but Rachel's is documented here, and you can see both of them in use in this rather funny photo recreation post

My younger sister was expecting a (now arrived!) little one and so the girls and I contributed a quilt square for his quilt. It was really cool to have the girls old enough to really add some sewing to this one, rather than the drawings they have donated to quilts in the past (see here and here). 

Rachel, the more sewing minded of my girls, was quite dedicated to the different embroidery stitches and had lots to say about how her square would look. 

Sophie was happy to do some decorative running stitches and let me do the rest for hers. But she was committed do giving it a good go. Good on you Sophie. 

We took a lot of inspirations from the squares on the girls quilts, and added our own flare. I hope this little baby loves his quilt just like my girls love theirs. 



No comments: