Sunday, January 23, 2022

Another Cousin

Steve's sister Beck, announced last year that she was expecting another baby, so of course, I wanted to make another quilt to celebrate. After seeing how much the cousins had enjoyed contributing to the quilt making last time, it was essential to me that they help in the same way this time too. 

I had a quilt panel and matching backing already on hand, and I used up some batting from the stash too. Stash busting, is there anything better? 

I had the kids draw their hand prints on the front, and add some decoration. The girls cousin who is in Bundaberg was tricky, but I was determined to include him too. Luckily we live in the digital age, so his mum traced around his hand and sent me a photo with a ruler so I could copy it out to size. 

When I put the quilt together, I sewed around each of those little handprints to really make them stand out and I love how it turned out. 


Bound the whole thing in yellow and it was ready to go. 


Really excited to welcome another cousin for the girls, who made her appearance four weeks early, but is doing well at surviving never the less. 


Hello Aylah Lilyana, I can't help myself but sew things for you already. 

No comments: