Friday, February 04, 2022

Spontaneous Dress

It seems I did lots of sewing over the Christmas break, but perhaps it's more that I just got slack about blogging and then had a rush of sewing stuff to catch up on. I don't know. Anyway, one of the things I made before Christmas was this dress.

I had leftover fabric from my jumpsuit that was languishing in the drawer calling to be made into a dress. So I did! I had a pattern, made a rough draft of the bodice, made adjustments and then sewed up the real thing. Still can't believe I'm making grown up choices to make drafts and adjustments rather than just rushing headfirst in to sewing things to be completely honest, but it's becoming a real theme here. Maybe I can't deny that I've grown up after all? 

I had Rachel help me to mark where to sew the hem in the bathroom, and we were having such fun that I called out to Sophie to take a photo for us. This is one for the memory books. I think it's hilarious that Sophie cut off my head, and Rachel's expression is priceless. Isn't it great to see Moo-moo likes to come along for sewing related adventures too? 

This dress is comfy, fun and has the essential pockets. I wore it with Steve on a date night to see Scat, the jazz band that played at our wedding, do a Christmas gig at The Brisbane Jazz Club, before everything got too COVID crazy. (See Steve is wearing his shirt! Happy dance.)

We also got to take a photo with the band to recreate the one taken on our wedding night.  

Haven't aged a day, right? Such fun!

No comments: