Friday, February 11, 2022

Jocelyn Proust Dress

In continuation of catching up on things I sewed over the Christmas holidays (seen this dress?) last year, here is something else. I think I picked up the fabric when I went with Rachel to get her yellow Pikachu fabric. It was 40% off and since there was only 1.8m on the roll, I got the .8m at a remnant price of $2/m, which makes for a very inexpensive dress. 

I had been wanting to make another Cypress Dress, since the first one, though wearable, wasn't quite perfect. I started this before Christmas and finished it soon after New Years. I had just enough fabric to get pockets and sleeves with cuffs (I was actually going to forgo the cuffs, but found the one strip of fabric left after I cut all the other parts was exactly what I needed. Win!) Kind of can't believe that I got it all out of just 1.8m! 


I adjusted the pockets to make them a bit more stable and easy to use. For the first time in maybe 15 years, Sally decided to start doing button holes correctly. I nearly fell off the chair when I saw it happen on my practice button hole. Unbelievable. 

I was going to just run the cuff seams through the overlocker, but noticed I had just enough of this satin bias binding in my stash (again, the perfect amount), so I used it up and man does it make this dress feel like it's professional. Also ended up using some bias tape from the stash to do the hem. Mum had these buttons on hand which again felt very thrifty to be using up. 

Such a pretty dress being modelled here on my new dress form. Can't wait to wear it soon!

No comments: