Friday, December 06, 2019

Christmas Clothes

My mum got in early this year (again), and made both girls some super cute Christmas Dresses in October. Sophie's is the same material as Hugo's shirt below. Too cute.


I was thinking I wouldn't bother to make the girls anything, but I was cutting out some Christmas fabric to make some more bunting, because one can never have too much bunting, and I realized I had enough to make them each a thing.


Rachel got this pillow case dress. Mostly because some of the fabric was already cut up to be a pillow case dress. The front half, the red with green holly print. The matching back piece was not quite all there, so that was turned into bunting and I cut a new one out of that green Christmas fabric that I've used before twice (Sophie's Christmas dress in 2017 and the first ever bunting).


It's all held together with the red ribbon that we cut for our official extension warming party. I still have so much of it.

I asked Sophie what she would prefer, and she asked for shorts, so I made her some Clover Shorts, which are still the most fancy shorts ever. There are loads of parts to it, it's pretty easy to use up scraps with this pattern too, so that was a total win. In hindsight, I probably would have gone with a red fabric for the cuffs, rather than the white owls, but oh well.


I had the owl print in the box, just a fat quarter of each, so it was good to use it, and what didn't go into the shorts, went into the next lot of Christmas Bunting, which I will also blog about soon. The pockets are two different prints of red based Christmas fabric, one from my stash and the other (which you can't see) was leftover from mum's. Oh, and the waist band is some more leftovers from my stash. So much using up of fabric! Hooray!


The girls have both worn their new Christmas outfits already (in November), and it really does make you excited for the season.

No comments: