Friday, November 02, 2012

Bunting

Well, it's been 9 months since I've posted and I must say I'm horrified at myself. What happened? I miss blogging. Maybe I've gotten too lazy, or my dislike of participating in facebook has lead me to think I don't want to participate in technology at all. Not true! I'm a quality digital citizen... well... maybe. In any case, today's post is super fun and I'm excited.

For the last few weeks I've been making bunting. Bunting is strips/streamers of little triangle flag things that make everything cooler, better and just generally, more fun. 2 weeks ago, I made a long string of specifically Christmas bunting, and then subsequently cut out another 200 or so triangles and made some general bunting. It's a great way to use up old, scrap material and makes everything seem like a festival.



This is now the view from our front door. There is more bunting than you can see here, but you get the idea. I had to put up 3 hooks (where the wall used to be) to hang the bunting across the living/dining/hallway area, but I just used the quality 3M hooks that will peel off one day.


You walk in, it's like a carnival. Something fun is definitely happening. You can see the difference between the normal bunting and the Christmas bunting, but both are super fun!!


This bunting is across 90% of the windows in the house (even the bedrooms have it). In the living/dining (where most of the bunting is) it moves in the breaze. It is wonderful and fun.


It will be a sad day when the bunting comes down, but the good news is, I can put it up again whenever I want! Hooray for bunting and the fun that comes along with bunting!

No comments: