Friday, November 15, 2019

Library Bag

While I was there cutting out shorts and skirts in the September holidays, I was also forward thinking about what Rachel will need for school next year, namely a library bag and pencil case. Here I will talk about the library bag, saving the pencil case for the next post so as not to bore you with sewing stories. 


Rachel's library bag was modeled after Sophie's with a few tweaks. I used the leftover fabric from her Nature Bag, which is such fun wonderful fabric that I'm sad to use the last of it. It's got a slip pocket on the inside for the library card, a Velcro closure and is fully lined. Easy. I kind of wish I had looked at the yellow corner fabric a little more because I could definitely have cut it to match the pattern, but oh well.


It's lined with some purple fabric that I found in the stash (thanks anonymous donor-person), and is fully functional. Rachel is now just a little bit more ready for school.

No comments: