Saturday, July 14, 2018

Library Bag Mark 2

Rachel was the recent recipient of an excellent new Nature Explorer Bag, and when I was getting the material for it, it felt wrong not to be getting some for Sophie too. If Spotlight wasn't having a sale, I think sense would have won, but as it was, I got material for bags for both girls for $20, which is pretty good.

We have started going to the Library more regularly again, after a brief hiatus, caused by I have no idea what. I think part of the reason for the re-start is the stick insects, because our local library has some bush land and a park to play in right outside, so we can have a play and collect gum leaves for Rose and Twiggy while we are there, and since they need fresh leaves twice a week, it makes sense to capitalise on the trip.


Anyway, the library bags I made for the girls when they were smaller, are still good, but they have both grown out of them, so Rachel has inherited Sophie's (sorry second child) and Sophie was in need of a new one. This, coupled with the fact that a library bag was on her school book list for next year inspired me to get sewing.


Knowing it would probably be used for school, I modelled the design on a generic school-type one. This way, even if she has completely different fabric, it still kind of looks the same. Kind of.


Anyway, it's fully lined, got a little pocket on the inside for her library card, a Velcro closure, and a small space for her name in the bottom corner (as per the generic school-type ones). The stripy fabric is from the stash (hooray!), which I've used before in some bunting. It was a quick sew and came together easily and Sophie was delighted to take it to the library today to try it out.

No comments: