Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Lillie Costume

Rachel wears dresses. Every day. Always dresses. I do not understand how a girl who loves to climb, get dirty and find bugs can think that a dress is the best thing to wear, but she does. Every day. So it is no surprise that she chose Lillie for her Halloween costume: because Lillie wears a dress. 

Lillie (Anime) - Pokemon Sun and Moon by PkLucario
Image from PkLucario at Deviant Art
©2017-2018 PkLucario
Now I may have taken some liberties with this costume. Rachel already has a white dress that she loves. And it already has scallops. Why make an entirely new white dress when she already has one? I know it's a different style, but given that she'll grow out of it, I just couldn't justify it. So I just did some blue scallops and sewed them onto the lining to peek out from under the dress. 


And it's pretty perfect really.


I thought about adding some more of the blue detail that Lillie has on her dress, but to be honest, I can't really be bothered. I'll put a blue ribbon on my hat for her. That will do.


Rachel is delighted with this, because the White Dress which I was previously very strict about when she could wear, is now the Lillie Dress and I'm less strict about when she can wear it. I don't have any photos of her in it because she is too excited when she gets to wear it and won't stand still.

No comments: