Saturday, August 04, 2018

The Not Apron




As part of my exciting career in early childhood education and care, I get to claim face paints as a tax deduction. It's one of the perks. When I'm face painting, I have been using a random mix of face cloths and tea towels to clean my brushes, which were effective but ugly. I wanted to update to something else. 


When I made the Spur of the Moment quilt top, I had a few bits left over that didn't make it into the quilt, so I took that and an old bathmat we weren't' using any more, and got sewing.


I just stitched the material together into rough panels, and then quilted them straight onto the bathmat. Then I bound all the raw edges. I did extra with the binding, so I can wear it as an apron, but I actually don't see myself ever doing that. Good thing the ties are perfect for wrapping it all up so it looks pretty.


It's perfect to just put out on a table, set my paints up on half and then use the other half for wiping my brushes. And I can flip it over if I need to get a clean slate, for all those times I'm painting for four hours straight, like the kindy fete.


It's pretty and effective. I like it.

No comments: