Friday, July 20, 2018

Jeans Quilt 3.0


It was time to finish it. I started it more than a year ago (see here). It lay around for a long time. I suppose these things take time, and a Jeans Quilt is no exception.


As intended, it's bigger than it's predecessors (Jeans Quilt and Jeans Quilt 2.0). It fits our queen bed with ease and is super warm. The jeans and pants came from everywhere. Some from Steve's sister Beck, others from people from our bible study (recognise them Valery?), some I don't even remember where from and then some of our own.


I am not sure when I finished procrastinating finishing the top, but it was done when I pulled it out at the start of winter. We were lucky to get the backing fleece for 30% off, because we needed a lot. It's not the prettiest of finishes, because of the thick denim and the batting and the fleece, but I don't mind. It keeps us warm.


Also, there was no way I could actually quilt the thing because it's enormous and heavy and my little Sally was struggling with just the binding. Oh well. I'm sure it will last as long as it needs to.


The girls love it, because they can lay it out, fold it in half, and they've got a great cosy warm place to play and hide in. Here is Rachel demonstrating:


I'll probably not make any more of these though, now that there is one for each of the beds, so I'll either have to think of a new way to use jeans or stop collecting them. Steve would probably vote for the latter. He might be right.... nah!

No comments: