Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Feed the Birds

I'm not sure why, but every now and then I scroll through Pintrest. Usually I pin a whole lot of things that I don't ever bother making and it's easy to get depressed about all the things I'm not doing, or angry, because of all the things I want, but don't have. Maybe there is another way to use Pintrest, because I don't think I'm doing it right. 

Anyway, sorry for that sad introduction, the last time I was on Pintrest, DIY bird feeders and houses popped up. I liked the idea of these things, so I thought about it for a while and looked at different types, and a few weeks later, actually made one. 

It's loosely based on one I saw online, but of course, I just used wood we had lying around, and just cut it to fit what I had. When I came to screw it together, I found we didn't have clamps big enough to hold things, and nor did we have any liquid nail. What we did have was some silicone, which, for all intents and purposes, would do just the trick. 


So I siliconed it together, waited a few days, screwed it together and then siliconed the roof on top. That roof stuff was $2.50 from Reverse Garbage. Win.


Not sure if the roof needs reinforcing, but we didn't have any roofing screws handing, so we are just winging it and seeing how it goes. If it falls off, we will fix it.



The finished product is hanging up in the tree, full of seed, waiting for birds to discover it soon. I hope after the birds find it, I can relocated it to a lower position, because at the moment, it is very hard to refill.

No comments: