Wednesday, June 06, 2018

A Question of Ties

I have a collection of ties that have been given to me by various people. Mostly my Dad when he retired. There is so much fabric in ties and they are so pretty, but I don't really know what to do with them. There are a lot of people who just sew the ties as is into dresses or skirts, which is really funky, and then there are other people who meticulously take apart the ties and use all of the fabric in other ways.


I like both of these, for different reasons. I like using the ties as is, because then everyone can see that they were ties! It's a statement about re purposing in a very disposable culture. But it's also not the most efficient way of using up the fabric. You can get that fabric to go much farther if you take it apart.


What to do, what to do!


I really don't know. So I'll just go back and forth in my head about what I want. Admittedly, there are possibly enough ties to do a project of each type, but that's probably more tie projects than I really need right now.

No comments: