Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Conversations with Steve

So Disney's live action Beauty and the Beast remake comes out soon. I can't wait. What can I say? I'm a child of Disney; born and bred on the sweeping songs and powerful story lines of people who fought for true love, family and all that was good and right in the world. Ahh Disney.

Anyway, the latest trailer came out today and I watched it three time consecutively the moment I saw it. Magic. I may have watched it a few more times later on in the day too. Steve comes home, the girls are finally in bed and I excitedly show him the trailer as well (though it escapes me how he could not have watched it the instant it came out as I did).

As we are watching, Steve comments:

"Are they going to show the whole movie in this trailer? This is just like the cartoon. I don't see any reason to go see this, you may as well just watch the animated again."

"Ahh!! But there is so much more depth! Can't you see it!?" I counter with excitement and exasperation.

"Do you mean the fact that it's 3D?" he replies. "Yes, I can see that."

Unbelievable. We continue watching.

"Who's the chick?" Steve says. "Is she someone famous? I don't recognise her."

"It's Hermione." I reply.

"Oh," says Steve. "I can't see it."

We keep watching.

"Ah, I see it now."

Unbelievable.

Trailer over, and I say:

"Will you take me to see it? I can't wait to see it!"

Steve is silent, already reading some other news article that is apparently more interesting than discussing the trailer in depth.

"Never mind," I say, "I'll go see it with people who also want to see it."

"Good luck finding those people," says Steve.



No comments: