Sunday, January 01, 2017

Commissioned Work

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Here we are on day one of 2017. Possibilities are brimming and the future is bright. Look around, look around, how lucky we are to be alive right now. 

I actually did so much sewing leading up to Christmas for the girls, but didn't get a chance to take any progress photos and still haven't had a chance to photo the end product properly either. Hopefully soon. In the meantime, here is what I was commissioned to make for a friend of mine. 


Firstly, some simple hand towel things to hang in the kitchen. My friend sent me a tea-towel with a specific print of flowers on it that I cut up and attached to some hand towels. It was really easy and took the least amount of time, even though I was stressing a little about getting it right. 




The second thing was this cool car wall hanger for her nephew. Sorry about the terrible photo, but this is the only one I have of it hanging up. I used this tutorial as my base, but there weren't quite enough details, so some of it was just up to me.


Still, I was really happy with how it turned out from this initial lay out. 


To something that you could easily hang up and store cars in. It was fun working on something that I was going to get paid for, but I have to say that I didn't really love doing it, because of the pressure of getting it right.


I love sewing, and I love especially sewing for kids who aren't going to care if something doesn't fit quite right, If you are sewing something to sell, it's really got to be perfect and right and well done. That means measuring things and using pins and checking and rechecking.


Don't get me wrong. I do do some of those things most of the time when I sew, but not all the time, and I like that freedom. Looking forward to more freedom sewing in 2017. Hello year of changes, it's nice to meet you.

No comments: