Saturday, August 20, 2022

Renovations Done!

When you consider that we started the physical prep work for this renovation in September last year, with the installation of the shed, not to mention the admin work of getting plans done, which actually began at the end of April, this has officially become our longest renovation to date. Whew. 

We've actually been able to celebrate the completion of the Nana Flat for a little while now, and even the very delayed carport has been finished for at least a month. The feeling that this is actually done is very surreal, which is probably why it's taken me ages to post this. I mean, are we really done? I feel like I'm asking myself that question even now. 

But here we are. Everything that was on the plans to be done, has been done. We have even finished off some extra things - like laying the turf and started growing grass seed out on the nature strip. Maybe the somewhat incomplete nature of the front fence and the lack of plants in the garden beds makes us feel like it's not real yet? 

Just in case you need a reminder about where we started, here is a flash back photo from last October, when we started relocating trees

And here we are now: all done!

It is certainly a change, even though the inside of our house remained the same. Front stairs, up to my beautiful handmade wreath. I absolutely love having the front deck for people to arrive on at the top of the stairs. There is a pretty sweet view over the roof tops to the trees at the park from that deck. We still need to oil the boards, but we'll get there. 


Water tank round the side. For some reason, we keep forgetting it's there and ready to go. Have to start using it soon so it can fill up again with all the summer rains. 

The double car port means that I don't have to start heating the car and run bottles of warm water over the windscreen before I can drive to work in winter. I know these seem to be first world problems, but they do make a big difference in my life. 

The other thing that's great, is that now we have a place for Steve's mum to live, for as long as she wants. That's not a small first world problem at all, and I'm very glad we were a part of solving it. 

No comments: