Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Book Week 2022

Even though I love Book Week, my efforts last year were so minimal that it turns out I didn't even bother to post about it. Hilarious. I think that was a combination of having started the term teaching music and still trying to figure out the juggle of a part time job that wasn't at home, and the ongoing effects of Covid making everything harder, lockdowns and what not. 

From memory, Book Week last year snuck up on me amidst all of that, and when the girls asked if they could be dragons, I told them a flat out no. 2021 was the year that I told them to use a costume we already owned. Rachel went as Aoki in a yukata we had, and Sophie dressed up as Mr Mistoffelees from T. S. Elliot's Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats. 

This year, I was ready for Book Week. Not only because I love it and life have been a lot calmer of late (especially now the renovation is done), but also because I'm teaching at a primary school. This means that not only do the girls get to dress up for Book Week, but so do I! Since I was going to make a costume for me, it seemed only fair that this year, I get my act together and make a costume for the girls too. 

Great ready for copious amounts of sewing and costumes coming up! 

No comments: