Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Paver Painting


Continuing with the legacy I'm leaving at the girls primary school, here are some more things I've painted! 

These pavers are going into a garden area that we are replanting this year. Last year we fundraised and re-edged the whole garden. Step one complete it was time to rip out all the old plants, put some new dirt and fertilizer in and plant it out with lovely new plants. 

Part of the strategy to keep the kids off the plants when they run through the garden was to give them stepping stones to run on instead. And why have boring plain stepping stones when you can have beautifully painted ones? We asked each class to choose an animal, and then I sketched and painted them on. 

And I'll tell you what, I'm pretty gosh darn pleased with how it turned out. 

The last two pavers with the bees were for the working bee days (see what I did there?). All the kids that came on those two working bee days were invited to have their hand prints added to make flowers for the bees. 

So proud of how it looks! 

No comments: