Thursday, April 22, 2021

Not the Usual Pillowcase Dress

More sewing with the pillowcases gifted to me by my dear friend Katie. I actually sewed this dress and the skorts ages ago, maybe back in late Feb, or early March, but I've just been so busy, there has been really no time to blog! Rectification of that in progress now. 

After the skorts, I knew I wanted to use the Ikea fabric to make Rachel a dress similar to the one I made Sophie two years ago, based on the Izzy Top. She had been wearing Sophie's hand me down a lot, so I knew it was a style she liked, and I thought I could combine the Ikea fabric with another pillow case perfectly for it too. 


Rachel was not in a photo taking mood for this photo shoot, so it's a miracle any of these photos are sharing worthy. 


Yes, she's wearing this dress down to the park for a play. Yes, I have had to start soaking dresses and doing a separate white load (don't judge me), for all the white dresses that Rachel loves to wear. Is it worth it? Probably. Rachel does love a good white dress, and who am I to argue with that beautiful pillow case top that is living it's best life out in the sun now? 

No comments: