Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Bunny Bags

 When I asked the girls what they would like to put the Easter eggs for their cousins in this year, I was expecting (or maybe hoping) they would say "We'll make origami boxes Mum!" I don't think it was too much of a stretch, given that they had recently learned how to make some pretty decent origami boxes, and this would be a chance to show off their skills. 

What they said instead was, "You can sew some bags Mum!" which had a vastly different outcome. 

But who am I to turn down the opportunity to sew something? So I went to my trusty box of scrap fabric and dug out enough calico to make several bags. I showed the girls a variety of bag types on Pinterest, hoping they would like a simple draw string bag. Again, my hopes were dashed, as they declared the bags with bunny ears to be the best bags of all. 

So again to my stash to find some fun fabric for the bunny ears and off to Sally the Sewing Machine I went. 

Two days later, and I've got five bunny bags ready to go. They are pretty cute, and well made, if I do say so myself. I French seamed them, for prettiness and strength. The girls made Easter cards and filled them with chocolate for their cousins and everyone had a great time.

No comments: