Wednesday, January 27, 2021

All the Dresses

I don't make many dresses for my girls. More often than not, you'll find me making shorts or a skirt. Occasionally I try to throw a dress in, like last year, when I made them Easter Dresses. Or the year before, when Rachel got a Christmas Dress and they both got a twirly Pokemon Dress. Still, in comparison to the number of shorts that I sew, dresses are rare indeed. 

The reason, my friends, is this: My mum makes so many dresses, I simply can not justify making any more. The girls do like wearing dresses, Rachel in particular. I've been reminded of this thanks to the summer holidays, where I've seen Rachel in a dress every day for the last six weeks. She usually wears a dress to school, but the colour variety over the summer is beautiful. 

I was sorting through their wardrobe last week and counting the dresses - nearly ten home made dresses each hang in their cupboard. Such beautiful bright patterns and prints. And when my mum is not making the girls dresses, she is buying them lovely dresses too. So many dresses. 

So I just wanted to post a little post here on the internet to share these lovely creations. They will get worn again and again, from Sophie to Rachel, then on to other little girls who I hope enjoy them just as much. 

Here is Rachel, standing in front of her dresses, being excited. She likes the bee ones the best. She has four of them. 

And yes, my mum did make the girls Christmas dresses last year, so I didn't bother. She also makes Hugo these awesome shirts as well. But I have already made the girls each a dress this year, for Easter, which I will share sometime soon. 

No comments: