Saturday, January 16, 2021

What to do Now?

 In the cleaning up I've been doing over the last couple of months, I dug through the bag collection and set apart a stack to cull. In this stack was a Pikachu bag, which was falling apart at the seams, but still good fabric, and a small cross body bag which we love to use, but the material had holes all over it. 

Thinking I could work these two bags into one and reuse the fabric and zips to make one new bag, I took them apart kind of carefully. 

Unfortunately, after taking them apart, I realised that though the Pikachu bag was bigger than the cross body bag, because of the different style/shape, there wasn't really enough material to trace the cross body bag pieces directly to. The cross body bag, it turns out, had a lot more fabric in it, than deceptively small size would indicate. 


So now, I have two deconstructed bags, and I don't know what to do next. Put them on the "sew that someday" pile? Is it a problem for future Paula? Maybe. I got distracted doing some other sewing, but it's still bugging me in the back of my mind and I'm not sure how to address the problem. 

I feel like this year has started with lots of projects like this. Even blogging I find I'm distracted. I have a list of things to do from the past that I want to record, but that don't really fall into the upbeat category of "New Year!" But I'll keep pressing on, ticking things off my list and not caring if I fall into a stereotypical pattern. It's all forward motion right? 

No comments: