Sunday, September 22, 2019

Dress Up Dress Gift

I'll say it now: Photo do not do this dress justice. At all. Maybe I should have gone outside to take them, but in my defense, it was really rainy.

Anyway, I've made my girls lots of dress up dresses in the past, which have been very well received, and used by lots of kids when they come over to play. So when our best friend's little girl had a birthday coming up, I knew it was time that I made one for her too.


I am again thankful for the donations of material I have received, because much, if not all, of this dress was sewn from those donations. It's the same standard dress up dress that I usually make. I used the last of the pink fabric from mum that I used to make the very first dress for the bodice and over skirt. That over skirt is gathered up a bit to show the blue and pink floral sheer material underneath, and trimmed with some blue floral trim that was given to me by a lady at my playgroup.


The underskirt is some more of the white gathered stuff that I used in the yellow dress variation, and I don't know if I'm getting better at gathering, or what, but it was surprisingly easy to gather all three layers of skirt and attach it to the bodice. Is all the practice finally paying off?


Even though the birthday wasn't until September, I made this dress in the June/July school holidays, because I had time on my hands, and I knew if I left it, it might not get made during the crazy chaos of term. So glad I did. Rachel tried it on for me and approved whole hardheartedly. Hopefully the birthday girl likes it just as much.

No comments: