Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Gift Sleeping Bag

It seems that all of my sewing of late has been for gifts or the girls. Maybe I need a new dress. Hummm. Anyway, the latest is again for a friend who is having a baby. This baby is a Third, similar to the friends I gave a quilt to a few weeks ago.

Sometimes I really feel for those second and third children, because the assumption is (perhaps rightly so), that when it comes to those second and third children, the parents already have everything they need for child raising. Even if this is the case, I still feel that an upcoming baby deserves some recognition, and it's always nice to have something that is a little bit special just for that one, whether they are first, second or third.

With that in mind, I had think and dug out this pre-quilted Japanese fabric that mum had given me, oh, at least four years ago now. It was lovely, but there was really only enough for something small, so it's been in the drawer. The babe it is intended for will be born in March, which means she or he will probably need a snuggly sleeping bag for the winter.


I used the Sew Mama Sew sleeping bag tutorial, that I've used before here. It is for a zero to three month old, so I made it a little bigger and longer, and had exactly the right amount of fabric for it. All I needed to buy was the zip.


I bound the neck and arm holes with the same bias I used on the gift quilt, because it was left over and matched fairly well. I'm pretty happy with how things turned out, and whether the baby is a boy or girl, this is cute and warm, so will serve it's purpose well.

No comments: