Friday, April 10, 2015

Yikes!

Well, after a week and a half away at the coast, a great Easter at home with all sorts of peeps and Steve finally returning to work on Tuesday, I'm actually feeling well and refreshed. Despite the fact that Sophie is in the process of giving up her naps (something I thought I would be much sadder about (My free time!! Nooooo!!!)) I'm still feeling like I'm getting things done. The house is clean and organised (ish), the things I have to sew are few and I even feel like playing piano and guitar with the girls.

So I thought I'd update you on my life, because that's why I've got a blog after all. Steve and I finished the window operation on Easter Sunday. The house is now finally completely fly screened, and all of the windows open and close as they should (except the far one in the kitchen which takes some encouragement, but that's ok). I made a cake on Easter Monday and it was really good to see flies buzzing at the window trying in vain to gain entry to the house and my delicious cake.


Take that flies. This cake is the second one I made in three days. So lovely to have Steve around to go have morning tea with friends. Any excuse to make cake really.

Easter was really great this year. I feel like it's so easy to be in a rut of apathy and disappointment with a relationship with God, and it's unbelievably hard to break out of. But Easter is a great reminder of God. Everything about him. He's all about the new, the good, the real. He doesn't want us to dwell on the crap, the bad stuff, the sin. He wants us to move on to the new life. So great.

I read Anne of Green Gables last week. I love reading things. It was a really sweet, if somewhat old fashioned, read. It's strange to think that it was written over a hundred years ago and yet is still readable and fun.

There is only a week left before I increase from two children in my care to three (it's kind of like having a baby without the nine months and excruciating labour to have to go through). I'm excited, though I know there will be an adjustment period. And I'll really be saying goodbye to my Me-Time then.

I feel I'm in a good place for it though. Trying to be realistic about the fact that I'll simply be sewing much much less. And probably doing everything else much much less too, and doing much more of child raising. Time to get organised with meal planning too so that I don't end up feeding my girls noodles for dinner five nights of the week.

I'm feeling like writing again too which is exciting. And getting some other stories ready to be published mid-year too. Writing is fun.

Anyway, not sure when I'll be updating this blog now, with the busy times ahead. but hopefully I'll drop in every now and then. Thanks everyone for reading along.

No comments: