Monday, March 30, 2015

Sewing Too Far

Even as I type this, more than a week after the event, I still can't believe I did it. I sewed nappies for Sophie's doll. Sigh. It really seems like I went too far. Has it really come to this? Doll nappies?? It has, but not because of me, but rather, because of Sophie.


Children really do have a holistic approach to their toys. They want them to be fed, and clean and have places to sleep and clothes to wear. I thought mum had gone overboard with the amount of dolls clothes she made for Sophie's dolls. but it seems there was further to go.


For the last few weeks, Sophie has been using Rachel's cloth nappies to "change Doll's nappy". Cute and all, but hardly practical. I was hoping it was a phase, (maybe it is, but it's a long enough lasting one that it was worth what came next,) but alas, no. And so I've made cloth nappies for Doll.


They are really cute. A good use of scrap material.


And rather professionally made (if I do say so myself.)


But I just can't get past the fact that I sewed them. And a reusable wipes pack from the left over felt. It just seems too far.


Oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute! May the extreme feelings you're experiencing remind you of how far God is willing to go (and has gone) to extravagantly love and bless you.