Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Mass Production

This thing called mass production is really the best. I love it. I did it a bit last year when I made these birthday shorts (see?) and I got some cool new material recently so thought I'd make a few more. It's kind of handy knowing everyone has boys, because you really can just make a whole stack of boy shorts and then you are covered for the next six months or so of birthdays. Handy.


I did make five of them this time too (same pattern as last time, the Sycamore Shorts) but forgot to photo them until I'd given three away. Slightly silly, and when I went to photo them, it was a grey rainy day and the only place dry with good light was the front steps. Oh well.

Two pairs went to my sister's friend Jane in Melbourne who is having a little boy soon. One went to my nephew Harrison for his birthday this Thursday (spoilers). One more (the groovy ones with the blue pockets pictured here) went to Digby, my new friend Megan's little boy who will be one the same time as Rachel (spoilers again), and the last pair will go next door when they have their new bub in the next few weeks.


It's rather amazing how fast things go. Anyway, I am so loving the Izzy Top that I made for Sophie last year (see it on a hanger here, and on the child here). So I made another one for her (size 3, getting ready for next year). While I was at it, I made another two. One for one of the girls next door (Isla's birthday in May (spoilers!)) and one for my new friend Megan's little girl who will be three in July (more spoilers!).


What I love about these is the reversibility and the cool scalloped stitching I did on Isla's. So fun!

No comments: