Thursday, September 04, 2014

Felt Food

Now that the bigger things on my to do list are done, I've been crossing off several of the smaller things. It feels really good to get them done, quickly and easily, though most of them feel they don't warrant a post (like a pair of modesty pants for Sophie that match her latest party dress). That said, I've made my first foray into making felt food for Sophie to play with in her kitchen, which I feel is a milestone worth celebrating.

I actually started by making some sunny-side-up eggs (sorry no photos), which got an ok response from Sophie. She understood they were food, but didn't really connect. Not too surprising since most times she has eggs, they are scrambled or hard boiled. Anyway, second on the list were these donuts, which I made using this tutorial for inspiration.


Sophie could not care less about these donuts. She really has no clue that they are delicious food. I even took her to the donut shop to show her the pink iced donuts, but alas, no response. What she is excited about however, are the felt strawberries I'm making. Two down, four to go, should get them done today.

In the meantime, here is a photo of Rachel modeling a donut for me. She's a helper.

No comments: