Monday, March 03, 2014

Multifunctional

Awhile ago, I mentioned that I was making some cardboard car-track boxes to slide under our TV cabinet. That space under the cabinet was big enough for a lot of things to go rolling and missing under. Admittedly, it was also fairly easy to get out again, unless they rolled just past elbow length, then it was tricky.

Excitedly, I came up with the idea of cutting down and reshaping some cardboard boxes to fit perfectly underneath. These could not only keep the things from rolling under, and little hands away from pulling the cords out, but also serve another purpose. I could draw car-tracks on them! Hooray!


So far, the boxes are just covered in brown paper and I haven't drawn anything on them yet. Given that Sophie is only just over one, she doesn't care in the slightest! I put the toilet paper rolls in the boxes because one day I dream of making something like this


But until then, Sophie just likes to play with the pain toilet paper rolls. She throws them about, stands them up, knocks them down, chews on them, all the usual things really. I'm really glad I reinforced the boxes, though it seemed like overkill at the time. My little girl's spacial awareness is not so great just yet, so it's nice to know that the boxes are tough and will make it past this discovery time. 


I feel like there are so many things I could hide in these boxes too - every day could be a fun new discovery! And when the time comes to actually draw on the boxes, getting a new picture or road map would be as simple as a new sheet of brown paper. Talk about multifunctional. 

No comments: