Saturday, March 08, 2014

Baby Shoes

Despite what I said two weeks ago when I blogged about making some Pleated Mary-Jane baby shoes, I stumbled across a pattern for baby booties on This Heart of Mine which I thought looked fun. They were much easier to put together because of the style of booties that they were. Given that I'm about to have a winter baby and my first bub will be walking around on the cold wooden floors this coming winter, I thought I'd give it a go.



I took the original pattern which I think will fit a new born to about three or four months, and enlarged it twice to get some bigger sizes to play with. I wasn't sure how big I needed to get for my 18 month old, but I thought I could just make both of the bigger sizes and see how I went.


I used some old hoodies that a friend from church had given me to cut up for material. It was the perfect material for these booties because they are soft, stretchy and warm. Excellent. The biggest size (which will fit Sophie perfectly come winter) felt like they were booties for giants when I made them, and especially compared to the tiny sized ones.


These are so fun. I'll have to put some puffy paint on the soles of the bigger ones for grip so that Sophie doesn't slide around on the floor too much, but that's an easy fix. It took a lot of effort to get this photo of her wearing them today. The moment she knows I've got the camera, she is all about coming to claim it.




1 comment:

MKT said...

Cute. I can't believe you made so many after all that. Good job though!