Sunday, December 15, 2013

Heck Yeah!


This Christmas dress of Sophie's took an hour and a half on a Sunday morning and I think cost me maybe a total of $3.00. If only all of Sophie's dresses would be this great. :P


The bodice is fully lined and I made the pattern myself. The ribbon around the waist ties at the back (just in case I made it too big). That material was half price at Spotlight ($12 down to $6) then Mum got 20% off that and I only bought a half meter. So good. Ribbon was free off some random present somewhere - hording does have its upsides! Kinda wish it were thicker, but you gotta work with what you've got. 

I've been doing other things these past weeks, but I'm exhausted and lazy and have not been keeping good photographic logs of things. Sorry internet. In the theme of hand-made Christmas presents, Sophie's is the last one I'm making, but it's proving to be rather slow going, mostly because I know she doesn't really get it and won't even care if it's not done by Christmas anyway. Still, it will look great when finished, so maybe that will be my goal this week.

No comments: