Thursday, August 29, 2013

Denim Aprons

Today's great new discoveries: Jeans can make more than a quilt and I can finish things I start. :)


I've made two fun aprons for future kids to wear while doing crazy dirty kid stuff like painting. It's just a leg of jeans that was split open and then the pocket reattached. I had a heap of waistbands left over from when I cut up all the other jeans for the jeans quilt, so I used them for the neck band and waist tie. I love the way the buttons and holes all clip in together. :) They are big for kids (they fit me around the waist easily) but you can just put some knots in the bands and hey presto, it's smaller! 

Now onto finishing some other things on the to-do list, the first of which is some things for Christmas presents, which of course, means I can't post about them without giving away the surprise. Expect radio silence from me for a while I guess. :P 

1 comment:

MKT said...

They do look very awesome. Who knew jeans would be so versatile.