Monday, August 26, 2013

Cafe Church Quilt and Presents

Managed to get the last Cafe Church quilt made before the last semi-cold Cafe Church of the year last night. It was tight, given that I made a spur of the moment trip to Melbourne to visit Fiona during the week (Tuesday to Thursday with Sophie in tow!). I think it looks pretty good, although I'm a little annoyed that I didn't spend more time on the placement of the pocket pieces, because I have two of the same pockets in two of the rows. :P (Hence I'm not posting photos of all of the quilt, hiding the shame.)


I used some leftover squares from one of the previous quilts and a lot of denim squares from a number of jeans that I'd had saved up as well as a stack that Melissa gave me. :D Anyone with jeans they are going to throw away - please don't! They make great quilts!!


I have also recently made a really cool present for our nephew's third birthday in a month or so (and when I say made, I don't mean just with a sewing machine, but I actually used a drill as well! :D). I wish I'd taken some more obscure photos of it, so it won't be a giveaway, but hopefully the intended recipient won't see it before the party (well, that's probably a given since he's three and I'm not sure he can use a computer yet, but it goes for his parents too). In any case, here is Sophie testing it out for me. :) 


I'll post cooler photos of it in actual use when it's been unwrapped by it's recipient. :D 


1 comment:

MKT said...

That's really awesome! Love the tent. Well done. =D