Thursday, August 01, 2013

Thanks to the intensive cupboard clean out that Steve and I have had in the last few weeks, I now have numerous old work shirts of Steve's to use for sewing. The internet has a number of "Shirts into Dresses" tutorials for inspiration, so I've spent some time making a few.



It's really fun to sew with shirts, because the buttons mean that you don't have to worry about zips or things like that - they are already there! Hooray! This dress looked a bit too school girl to start with, so I ended up adding pockets (my first ever pockets!) and the caped sleeves and tie on the waist.


I like it. :) Too bad it won't fit Sophie for oh, I don't know... three years or so? :P She was pretty sad that I was taking photos of a dress that won't fit her for a long time, so I bought her in to help. 


She does enjoy eating things.

No comments: