Monday, May 21, 2007

update time!!

so my hand remains broken, and will probably do so for some time yet. i went to see the hand surgon last friday and he told me i had a spiral fracture on my third bone in my right hand. this, he told me, needs surgery to fix. So i'm booked in for the 29th of may (next tuesday) to get 2 screws placed in my hand so that it will heal nicely. he tells me i'll also have a nice scar. :)

After he told me the most depressing news (i wont be able to use my hand for at least 2 mths) i sent me across the hall to get a fancy new splint which is loads lighter and brighter than the first one was. it looks a bit like this:



my hand with out said funky new cast looks a bit like this:



some nice bruising if i do say so myself so i hope you can see it :)

finally on a more serious note, my 2 exams are getting deffered untill start of next semester and so the only things to overcome are writing japanese with my left hand and typing my 2500 word opera assignment with one hand. God is great and though i am pressed, i'm not crushed.

thanks to everyone who has been praying.

No comments: