Sunday, May 27, 2007

Today marks one year and 6 mths sice Steve and i started going out. I get sick of people asking me how long we have been going out because to me it dosen't matter so much, Steve and I are together so who cares for how long right? But I was talking to Carl, a friend from work, on friday night, and he said to me that 18 mths isnt much when you've been with someone for 10 years but at the same time it was an achievement, because in the world today, people tend to take the easy way out when it comes to relationships and hardly anyone, it seems, wants to approach problems and try to work through them before they give up. [man i write long sentences]

I don't really know where i'm going with this exccept that i'm thankful that Steve is the kind of guy who wants to try to fix things rather than just walk away. I also think that we would be no where near where we are now in our relationship if it wern't for God, because to me, he is the ultimate example of comittment. This sounds all crazy and comittal, but when I see the kids at afterschool care and notice how in playing red letter suddenly they have an option about which of their parents names they have to use i wonder at all the things that have changed since i was a kid and then looking after my own kids to come suddenly seems like an arduous task. [can you tell i'm still in assignment mode?]

How on earth will i cope having to bring up children when all these new issues get worse in another 5 years? All i can say is that I think thats why God made parenting a 2 person job. And i'm so glad that even if i fail as a parent to my kids, God will never walk away from them, just like he never walked away from me.

So, with things the way they are, i'm thankful that in my relationship God is the one I love the most. And i'm thankful that he has given me some one as caring, kind, thoughtful, manly and most of all Godly, as Steve, to love as well.

No comments: