Friday, December 22, 2023

Sushi Dress 2.0

Another dress I made in 2023 was a second version of a Sushi Dress. Not a replica of the first, but pretty close in style. The original dress was so well worn that the bodice tore one day after a wash. I did save the large skirt portions of the dress to reuse in another project, but the dress itself was beyond repair. Sorry for the rather rubbish photos. It's hard to take full body selfies. 


Luckily I still had three metres of the original fabric to become version two. I used the self drafted pattern from my earlier-in-2023 dresses, and spontaneously added sleeves. The pockets are lined with some perfectly matching orange scraps which came from a donation box from Steve's Aunty Sue.


Beautiful to wear and perfect for a Japanese teacher. 

No comments: