Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Christmas Crowns

Once again I interrupt regular catching up to bring you something from 2022. This time, it's making reusable Christmas Crowns. 

Last year, I subscribed to Peppermint Magazine blog, and they had a post about making your own re-useable crowns, encouraging people to think about ways to reduce single use waste at Christmas time. I'm here for it, and I had Christmas fabric I wanted to use up, so I went into a crown making spree. 

These were pretty straight forward to sew, and used up a good amount of fabric and ribbon that was otherwise languishing with no future. I like that they are double sided, so people can choose what they want when they put it on. 

Of course, I did start with six, but couldn't stop there, because I figured, it's pretty easy for Christmas to turn into a much larger affair. We only ended up needing four last Christmas, but maybe this year will be different. 


Either way, these are lots of fun, and I'm glad I sewed them. 

No comments: