Wednesday, November 03, 2021

Halloween 2021

Just because one day I know I will want to look back and remember these things, this is Halloween for 2021. We just used costumes that we already had for the most part. 

Sophie is a generic Jedi, using Steve's Jedi shirt and her own brown pants from her Clara Costume. Easy. Rachel is a green globby monster from the book, Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman. Her costume was again, very easy, because it was my dressing gown and a lot of green face paint. 


Steve is wearing the costume that was the only one created specifically for this event - he is the Milk, from Fortunately, the Milk, which is very scary since it expired in 2014. We were cleaning out under the house for the impending build and found some old paint and a box. Costume made. The Wheat Bix box he is holding adds to the costume, but also hides all the lollies we were giving out. 

I am a generic Rock and Roll chick/Rydell High student, which is a costume I made in the Time Before Children. I look at it now and think the skirt is way too long, but since I literally dug it out the morning of Halloween, and no one noticed it, it really didn't matter and I couldn't be bothered to fix it now. Maybe if I'm intending on wearing it again. Maybe. 

Halloween is really taking off in Australia and I think because this year, it fell on a Sunday, there was a huge turn out. People were out on the streets at five, and there was a lot of families walking around. Living on the best street in the world, we had heaps of people to walk with and visit, and we all went back to our neighbour's house for sausages and bread for dinner and a quick happy birthday to one of the kids who was five on Monday. 

The best thing about this Halloween was meeting the newest member of the best street ever, four day old Sebastian. Can't wait for you to grow up a bit so the girls can baby sit you. 

No comments: