Monday, May 10, 2021

Rachel's Mouse

I think this is our last post involving pillow cases. After making the skorts, Rachel's dress and the Bunny Bags, I was down to only a few scraps remaining of these three pillow cases, most of which were donated to the girls when they set up their sewing baskets

So when Rachel asked to sew something, I showed her a picture of a little mouse softie that I had seen on Pintrest which I thought would take her fancy. I was right. She was delighted, and told me when her mouse was done, it would live in her sewing basket and be her sewing companion. 

This was significantly more complicated than the small pillows that she had made. We made a pattern with paper. There were parts that needed to be cut accurately, and things needed to be sewn in stages, in the correct order. I talked her through each step and she made it. 

It's a little wonky, and the ear is caught in the side seam at one point, but Rachel loves this little mouse, and already has plans to make Sophie one too. 

There go the last of the pillowcases. Who knew fabric from three pillowcases would go so far? 

No comments: