Monday, November 30, 2020

Suddenly It's Christmas

More so than other years, the sneak attack of December is most startlingly upon us. Maybe the pandemic has caused us to forget that time marches on. Or, prehaps we thought that with all the other cancelled things that happened this year, somehow Christmas might be cancelled too. But it is not. 

It is here. And while I was wrapping 24 Christmas books last night in preparation for advent, I was glad Christmas had come. 


For what is life without the celebration of wonderful things. Things that can't be explained because they are so mysterious, and yet we are drawn to them in curiousity and awe all the same. What would the year be, with out the mystery of God choosing to become a tiny baby? To start a life that would take time to grow until just the right moment for the kingdom to come. What is this plan that unfolds each year, reminding me of God's careful timing and faithful planning, that one day, I would come to know the love of the Father. 

I'm so thankful for Christmas, more this year than possibly ever before. And I'm looking forward to reading each one of these 24 Christmas books with the girls, one a night until the 25th of December. There is something special about this time and this moment, and I am glad to be here. 

I am also glad that I decided to wrap all of these books in fabric this year, rather than the recycled paper I have used for the last three. This could be the start of something new for us all. 

No comments: