Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Costumes Again: Halloween 2020

Any excuse to dress up. 

I don't know why, but the girls never put a lot of thought into their Halloween costumes. Maybe becuase it's not a huge, hyped up event in our house, but more a causal, hang out with street people, kind of affair. Either way, I kind of like their spontaneity. They literally chose these on the day. 


This year, they decided to be a frog and a cat. It had been a very rainy kind of week, and day, so it was surprisingly cool enough for Rachel not to die of heat exhaustion in that onesie. Sophie is wearing the pants I made for her Clara costume, along with a size two vest, that some how still fits. She wore that vest last year when she went as Hiccup, so it's very versitile. 


Steve whipped out his Jedi costume from May the Forth a few years ago, and I grabbed out this Chinese outfit from my stash. I think my Mum bought it from Hong Kong, or Singapore on a trip she and Dad took before we were born. Funny, wearing something that is older than me, and really hasn't been worn in all that time at all. At any rate, it made for a passable Mulan costume, so I was happy. 

No comments: