Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Engagement Bunting

My little sister is engaged! We are pretty excited for her, and even in the midst of the global pandemic, some things should be celebrated. And celebrations call for bunting! 

All bunting starts out as a huge bunch of triangles that I have painstakingly cut out. This is that pile:


This set of bunting also doubled as my sister's engagement present, so I went and bought material specially for it. It was a totally new experience to color and pattern match material for bunting and quite a time consuming process, but fun none the less. There are blues and greys, both plain and patterned, as well as a lovely arrow print and a black paw print. I feel like it suits them quite well. 


Once I'd sewn it, I put it up all over the house for a trial run before the party. It was fun, though I felt I didn't make quite enough. There was about thirty meters of it.


 It also looked fabulous hung around my parents house for the engagement party, though thanks to COVID-19, the attendance was pretty small.


We still had a great time celebrating and Fiona and Luke were pretty excited about their bunting too.


P.S. This post is really late in the game, and this event happened last month before the social isolating restrictions were in place. I, in no way, condone such large gatherings in our present climate. Stay safe people. I recommend bunting to help make time at home flattening the curve much more fun. 

No comments: